Thursday, December 5, 2013

Never Forsaken

Scripture:

Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You".

Observation:

The Psalmist understood God and his ways very well.  He was a seeker of God and knew that God could be trusted completely.  He had witnessed God fighting his battles and defending him over and over.  He knew that when a person seeks God, they will not be forsaken by Him.  Rather, He will defend them and take great care of them.

Application:

God has promised never to leave us or forsake us over and over in His word.  Sometimes we feel forsaken, but the word tells us we have not been.  We must live above our feelings and trust God's word above our own feelings.  We must also become seekers of God because this promise is for those who seek God.  It is the God-seekers who are never forsaken.

Prayer:

Lord, I have always been and always want to be a God-seeker.  I want to know You deeper and more each day.  I want to operate my life in faith and not doubt.  Help me live more by your word and what it says than by my feelings.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment