Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wait for the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord".

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us to wait for the Lord.  He says we should be strong and take heart while we wait for the Lord.  One of the greatest problems we have in following Christ is truly "following" Christ.  It is hard or us to wait.  Human nature likes to move forward and see progress.  When we don't see anything happening, we tend to take things into our own hands.

Application:

We have to learn to be strong and take heart while waiting on the Lord.  Sometimes I get frustrated because the dreams God has given me don't seem to be taking place in my timetable.  It doesn't appear things are happening fast enough for me and this is very frustrating because I like to feel like I am making progress.  Today I learn to slow down and wait for the Lord instead of charging ahead when I don't see progress.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to slow down and let God do His work.  Help me to trust Him more completely each day.  Strengthen me and help me learn to wait.  I know in my head that You are all powerful and can be trusted.  Help me know it in my heart more and more.

I Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment