Thursday, December 19, 2013

Restore my Joy

Scripture:

Psalm 51:12 "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me".

Observation:

This Psalm is a Psalm of David after Nathan confronted him and he confessed his sin with Bathsheba.  He was asking God to forgive him and to cleanse him, then he throws in there, "restore to me the joy of my salvation".  David had gotten off course in his relationship with God and in the process, lost his joy.  Joy is a direct result of our relationship with God.  He is the God who gives joy to his people.

Application:

The joy of the Lord is our strength according to God's word.  Satan loves to steal our joy.  He knows that sin will cause us to lose our joy, therefore temptation comes into our lives.  Once temptation is given in to, the result is a loss of true joy.  Losing true joy means losing our strength.  We must learn to pray like David that God would restore the joy of our salvation.  We need to come back to our first love and our joy will be returned.

Prayer:

Father God, your church is joyless these days it seems.  Let this revelation grab our hearts and let us see the plan of the evil one clearly.  He wants our joy, which is our strength.  Help me and those who are around me to walk in a renewed sense of the joy of the Lord.  Restore joy to your church!

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment