Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Emmanuel: God with Us

Scripture:

Psalm 46:7  "The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress".

Observation:

The Psalmist declared that God was the fortress of Israel.  A fortress is a safe place you can run to when you are in trouble.  It is secure from attacking enemies.  He not only said He was a fortress, but that He is with us!  Emmanuel means God with us.  This Psalm reminds me that God is with His people.  He is not only a fortress, but is there in the fortress with you when you are attacked.

Application:

I need to change my thinking and truly grasp that fact that Emmanuel, God with us, is truly with me.  He is not against me, but for me and with me.  He is the limitless God and He is with me.  I need this to drop into my heart deeper.  If He is with me, what do I ever have to fear?  If He is with me, who can take  me out if His will?  If He is with me, I win in the end!

Prayer:

Lord, I love your manifest presence.  I love when your glory fills a room, but even when we don't feel You, you are with us.  You are with us on good days and you are with us on bad days.  You are faithful.  Help me to realize this more and more.  Help me sense your presence throughout the day and be led bu Your Spirit continually.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment