Monday, December 2, 2013

Reward Day is Soon

Scripture:

Revelation 22:12 "Look, I am coming soon!  My reward is with me, and I will give each person according to what they have done".

Observation:

In the last chapter of the Bible we are told that Jesus is coming soon.  In Acts He said as He was ascending to heaven.  In the same way I am going away, I will come again.  Jesus is coming again soon and His reward is with Him.  When He comes again, each person will receive a reward based on what they have done.  Everything we do is recorded in heaven and we will be rewarded accordingly.

Application:

Lately the body of Christ has been preaching grace so strongly and against a "works" mentality because it feels like legalism.  The fact is, there are going to be rewards that are based on our works.  Grace gets us into the family, but works are going to be rewarded.  You can't work to get salvation, Jesus paid that for us, but a saved person will do the works of Him who saved them.  God gives each of us things to do and He expects them to be done.  Jesus is coming soon and so is reward day.  We must be found working hard for our Lord and accomplishing His will on the earth.

Prayer:

Lord, my life's goal is to hear the words, "well done good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord".  I want to walk in complete obedience.  Help me to hear Your voice more clearly so I don't miss anything You want me to do.  Teach me to tune in more accurately.

Your Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment