Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Before I Die

Scripture:

Psalm 6:5 "Among the dead no one proclaims your name.  Who praises you from the grave?"

Observation:

David is writing here and is struggling.  He is feeling overwhelmed by his enemies and calls out to the Lord for peace.  As he is crying out to the Lord, he throws in this verse, "Among the dead no one proclaims your name.  Who praises you from the grave?".  He says this to the Lord, telling God that if he dies, he can't praise the Lord and proclaim his name and his goodness on the earth.

Application:

Once we breathe our last breath, we will never be able to witness to the lost again.  We will never be able to praise God in the same manner once we step from this life into eternity.  Some things have to be done on this side of the grave.  What we are going to do for the Lord, must be done before we see death.  Therefore, we must live our lives fully, using every opportunity to proclaim His name and praise Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live every day like it may be my last.  Once my life is over on this earth, I will never be able to praise you in the same way again.  Once I die, I will not be able to make Your name known on the earth.  Teach me to follow Your ways and to use every opportunity to tell someone about your goodness.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment