Friday, December 13, 2013

Don't Be Like the Horse or Mule

Scripture:

Psalm 32:9  "Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you".

Observation:

David gives us a beautiful picture here of what people are like who have no understanding.  He says they are like a horse or mule that must be controlled by bit and bridle instead of because they know what to do.  They don't come to you unless you force them to instead of coming to you on their own.

Application:

David is saying to me this morning that God doesn't want to force me to do His will.  He wants me to have understanding and follow Him without being forced to.  Smart people follow God because they see they incredible benefits, others follow Him because they know it is the right thing to do.  We want to serve God because we know Him and love Him, not because we have no other choice.

Prayer:

Lord, don't let me be like the horse or mule.  I don't want to follow You stubbornly, but with a pure heart and all my passion.  I want to have understanding and grow in the areas I am weak.  Help me to be a leader of your people.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment