Monday, December 9, 2013

Trust in the Name of the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 20:7  "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God".

Observation:

David is a man that clearly put his trust in the Lord and the Lord always came through for him.  David praised God in good times and in bad times.  He cried out to the Lord in his distressing times.  He knew he could trust the Lord and his hope was not in his army, his horses, his warriors, or anything else.  His trust was in the Lord and the Lord gave him a great army with horses, warriors, etc.

Application:

I can't trust programs, people, techniques or anything else.  It is the name of the Lord I must trust in.  He is the God who gives increase.  He gives wisdom about when to implement programs, how to deal with people and what techniques to use.  He must be the center of everything.  As David used these things and gained victory through them, he knew he couldn't trust them unless the Lord was with him and wanted him to use them.  God must be first and foremost.

Prayer:

Father, help me trust You more.  Teach me to trust You above the next program, plan or person.  You are my rock and my strength.  You are my victory and I will give you all the praise! 

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment