Thursday, December 12, 2013

Strength and Peace

Scripture:

Psalm 29:11 "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace".

Observation:

The Psalmist realized where his strength and peace came from.  He realized that it was the Lord who gives these things and that we can't work them up on our own.  God is the one who makes people strong and blesses them with peace.  The world fights for peace and tries incredibly hard to become strong, but don't realize these things come from the Lord.

Application:

Spending time in the presence of the Lord strengthens you so much and brings peace into your life.  Last night we had an awesome prayer service and the presence of the Lord was so strong.  When I left there I felt strengthened and such an incredible peace.  These things come from Him and we need to seek Him more instead of striving so hard to get better in these areas, we simply need to get to know Him more.

Prayer:

Father, I love your presence.  I never leave times in your presence that I am not stronger and filled with peace.  Help me to spend more time with you every day.  I love you and want to be with You.  You are my strength and peace.

Yours,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment