Monday, December 23, 2013

Pour Out Your Hearts to Him

Scripture:

Psalm 62:8  "Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge".

Observation:

David is writing about a time he describes earlier in this passage where people were against him.  He says, "they take delight in lies, with their mouths they bless, but with their hearts they curse".  He is saying that when people and their behavior hurt you, you have to learn to trust God and pour your heart out to Him.  He says God is our refuge.

Application:

When we are in bad situations, most of us are naturally inclined to spend our time in worry, doubt and unbelief.  We must learn to trust the Lord when people are lying to us.  We must learn to pour out our hearts to God, who is the only one who can really do anything about it anyway.  We must run to God as our refuge when hurt by what people do.  God can be trusted and wants us to run to Him and pour out our hearts to Him rather than hold everything in until you bust.

Prayer:

Lord, help me today to pour out all the feelings in my heart to You.  I need some time with you today to pour out my feelings.  I run to You as my refuge and I trust You.  I need you today God more than ever before.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment