Thursday, December 26, 2013

Till I Declare Your Power to the Next Generation

Scripture:

Psalm 71:18 "Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come".

Observation:

The Psalmist had a desire to declare the power of God to every generation.  He didn't want to retire and grow old playing golf.  He wanted to declare God's mighty acts to all who are to come.  He could have ask God for anything; money, power, glory, fame, etc., but he wanted one thing: to declare the power of God to the next generation.

Application:

I want to have this heart as I approach old age.  I want to live a life that declares the power of God to the next generations.  The church is always only one generation from extinction.  Someone has to bring the message of God's power to each new generation and I love being that person.  I want the upcoming generations to see that God is real and powerful.  I want all to see His goodness and how He blesses His people.  Now that I am gray, let your hand be even stronger on my life.

Prayer:

Father, I want the upcoming generations to see and hear about your power.  I want them to know that you are not just a nice little god up in the sky, but the awesome and powerful God you are.  I want to see the demonstration of Your power in my generation, so that all will know how awesome You are.  Pour out Your Spirit on this generation so the next generation will run to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment