Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Will Build Him a Sure House

Scripture:

I Samuel 2:35 "Then I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who shall do according to what is in My heart and in My mind. I will build him a sure house, and he shall walk before My anointed forever".

Observation:

God says that He will build a sure house for the priest who does according to what is in His heart and mind. Eli's two sons were living terrible lives as priests, causing Israel to stumble. God told Eli that he was going to kill both sons in a single day and that He would raise up a faithful priest who would do what was in His heart. God is still looking for a people who will do what is in His heart instead of what is in their own hearts.

Application:

When we put God's priorities before our own, He will establish us and build us a sure house. He desires to be first place in our lives. He wants us to have His priorities instead of asking Him to bless our priorities. He wants us to be on His agenda instead of creating our own agenda. He is still looking for a people who truly want "His kingdom to come and His will to be done". We must make the transition from asking God to bless our plans to asking Him for power to accomplish His plans.

Prayer:

Thank You once again for confirming Your word to me. Help me to convey correctly what is in Your heart. Let me be more concerned with what You want in my life than what I want in my life. I want to live a truly "Christ-centered" life. Help me to put your priorities above my own and establish my house.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment