Tuesday, August 30, 2011

God's Provision

Scripture:

Ruth 2:16 "And pull out some heads of barley from the bundles and drop them on purpose for her. Let he pick them up, and don't give her a hard time!"

Observation:

Ruth was gleaning the fields after the harvesters had gone through picking the harvest. This allowed the poor to have something to eat. It was the leftovers after the harvest that would go to waste. Here I see Boaz telling his people to purposefully drop some heads of barley for her to get. He also protected her by telling them not to give her a hard time.

Application:

In Boaz's treatment of Ruth, I see how God provides for us, His people. He makes sure there is enough to take care of us through every situation. He not only gives us the leftovers, but purposefully drops blessings on us when we don't expect it. Boaz didn't have to do this for Ruth, but he did. God doesn't have to take care of us, but He does. He is a faithful father!

Prayer:

Lord, I thank you that you always have a plan for my benefit. You always provide enough and more. Thank you for taking care of me all of my life as I have tried my best to serve You. Thank you for being my provider and giving me what I don't deserve. You are amazing and all I can say is thank You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment