Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lead These People

Scripture:

Joshua 1:6 "Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them."

Observation:

Joshua was getting ready to step up and take leadership of the people of Israel. Moses had just died and God was ready to promote him. The Lord spoke to him and told him, "you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them". God goes on to tell Joshua that He would be with him and that He would take care of his enemies.

Application:

This morning I feel this is a Rhema word for me. "You are the one who will lead these people into the promised land" jumped off the page at me. God spoke to Joshua in order to give him the confidence he needed to do the job of invading the promised land and taking it over. He knew he was going to lead the people, but having God speak to him helped tremendously.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for speaking to me this morning. As with Joshua, so with me, I will lead your people wherever You want them to go. I need to hear Your voice clearly so the I can lead properly. I want to lead people into their land of promise and out of the land of bondage and out of the wilderness. Show me the way and I will follow. Let me lead Your people well. Make me a leader who is worth following and that others want to follow.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment