Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day and Night Prayer

Scripture:

Romans 1:9 "God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Romans. In his opening comments to them he tells them, "God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring your needs in prayer to God". Paul not only spoke to people about God, but spoke more to God about people. He was a man of prayer who sought the Lord on behalf of his people.

Application:

The greatest thing we can do for someone is to pray for them. As Paul prayed day and night for the Romans, and many other people as well from his other writings, I need to spend more time in prayer for the people I am associated with. I want to become a man of prayer who intercedes on behalf of the people around me. I don't want to say "I'll pray for you", and not do it sincerely.

Prayer:

Lord, I repent for my lack of prayer for those around me. I want to learn to pray like Paul did for the people around him. Teach me to not only have good prayer times, but to truly be an intercessor who bring the needs of people to You effectively. Let me prayers be led by the Spirit and empowered by the Spirit.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment