Thursday, September 15, 2011

No Fault

Scripture:

I Samuel 29:3 "Is this not David, the servant of Saul king of Israel, who has been with me these days, or these years? And to this day I have found no fault in him since he defected to me".

Observation:

King Achish had been with David for a long time. He had seen David under incredible pressure and difficult times. As people questioned whether David should fight with them, Achish says of David, "And to this day I have found no fault in him since he defected to me". David was seen as a man of integrity and character, even when he was hiding out from Saul who was trying to kill him.

Application:

I think it would be amazing to have the testimony of others that says, "I have found no fault in him". Many times I say that I want to live a life in which "those who know me best, respect me most". I want to live like David so that unbelievers around me say "I can find no fault in him". I want to live so that my fellow bus drivers say, "I can find no fault in him".

Prayer:

Father, let me be more like Jesus today. Shape me into Your image and let my light shine among men. Give me opportunity today to share Your love with someone. Let me live a life that others may say "I can find no fault in him" as they said of David. Show me the way.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment