Monday, September 26, 2011

Seed to the Sower and Bread for Food

Scripture:

II Corinthians 9:10 "Now may He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness".

Observation:

Paul was thanking the Corinthians for their giving. He was asking for another offering to be prepared for the work of the ministry. He had just told them that those who sow bountifully would also reap bountifully and the same for those who sow sparingly. In verse 10 he talks about the Lord who is our supplier. He supplies seed to those who are givers and bread for food. In other words God will give you what you need to eat and more to give away.

Application:

God is our source of everything in our lives when we are fully and completely surrendered to Him. He will take care of our daily bread and give us what we need to be a blessing to others. I must realize that it is God who supplies everything in my life and I must worship Him for it. He has given me so much and always provided for me. I must be ready to sow when the time comes.

Prayer:

Lord, help me in my finances to bring You glory. I want to have enough so that I can sow into mininstries, lives and the poor. I want to extend Your kingdom! Help me to be wise with my finances and use them the way You would want me to. Convict me when I spend unwisely and continue to show me the way into the blessed life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment