Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Mighty Man

Scripture:

II Samuel 17:10 "And even he who is valiant, whose heart is like the heart of a lion, will melt completely. For all Israel knows that your father is a mighty man, and those who are with him are valiant men".

Observation:

David was running and hiding from his own son Absalom, but even while hiding, he was considered by all Israel to be a mighty man and his men were known as valiant men. David had a reputation for being a mighty man and his men for being valiant. His reputation made enemies hearts melt completely. They knew they were no match for David and his mighty men.

Application:

We may not be valiant warriors in the natural, but we can make a spiritual application to this. Am i living a life that causes my enemies to fear God? Am I living the life of a mighty man spiritually so that Satan doesn't want to mess with me because I have a reputation for defeating my enemies? I must live the life of a mighty man.

Prayer:

Lord, I have often said, "there is no such thing as a mighty man of God, only men of a mighty God". You are mighty and I ask You this morning to live through me. Fill me. Saturate me. Use my life for Your glory. I offer You my life and ask that you strengthen me to defeat every enemy. Let those around me be valiant as well.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment