Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let God Fight Your Battles

Scripture:

I Samuel 26:24 "And indeed, as your life was valued much this day in my eyes, so let my life be valued much in the eyes of the Lord, and let Him deliver me out of all tribulation".

Observation:

David has been running from Saul for his life as Saul was trying desperately to kill him. Just before this verse, David had the opportunity for the second time to kill Saul. David would not because he didn't want to touch the Lord's anointed. I see a total trust in God instead of in self here. He has opportunity to kill the person who is trying to kill him and David decides to let the Lord fight his battles and win his victories.

Application:

As humans, we are geared naturally to fight our own battles. We like to defend ourselves and destroy our enemies. David wasn't like that. He had much power and could have destroyed Saul twice, but didn't do it. He sought God to be his protector and defender. We must come to a new level of trusting the Lord and allowing Him to fight our battles. He is much better at it than we are.

Prayer:

Lord, here I am once again asking you to help me trust You more. I want You to fight my battles and defend me. Teach me to trust You more instead of taking things into my own hands. You are amazing! Help me to trust You over self in every situation of my life. I want to be fully dependent on You.

Your Son,

Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment