Friday, September 23, 2011

The God...In Whom I Will Trust

Scripture:

II Samuel 22:3 "The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence".

Observation:

David has had a good and pleasant rule over Israel for many years. He fought many battles and saw the faithfulness of God over and over. As he talks about the Lord, you can hear how much he depended on the Lord for everything. David was the greatest king in Israel's history and in the place of leadership that he had, you could still see the secret to his success. His secret to success was his simple trust in the Lord as his all in all. David saw God as the source of all his needs.

Application:

Though David had amazing leadership qualities, the greatest quality of David was his total dependence on the Lord. We need to learn this lesson today. David never became proud, but fully leaned on the Lord for everything. God was his "all in all". Today we operate so much from our mind and rational thinking that we don't even act like we need God. We must become as dependent on the Lord as David was, then we will see God work like He did for David.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to lean more and more upon You. You are my Rock and my Defence. You are my deliverer and shield. You are my everything! Teach me not to move unless You say go. Help me not to speak except what I hear You speak. I want to be Spirit-filled, Spirit-led and Spirit-empowered.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment