Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Wisdom and Power of God

Scripture:

Jeremiah 51:15 "He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, and stretched out the heaven by His understanding".

Observation:

Jeremiah is prophesying the utter destruction of Babylon in chapter 51. He is telling them that they are going to be wiped out. It seems like the people don't listen so he tells them about the power, wisdom, and understanding of God. Jeremiah is letting the people of Babylon know who it is that is coming against them.

Application:

I love to talk about the power of the God I serve. He is amazing! When I think about His power and what He is capable of, it increases my faith. When I hear stories of how He has delivered in the past, my heart jumps because I know that He never changes and what He did yesterday, He will do today. God's power, wisdom and understanding are well noted by Jeremiah. May I understand them as well.

Prayer:

Lord, let me see You as the all-powerful, omniscient, omni-present, God that You are. You are amazing and sometimes I feel like I insult You because I pray small prayers instead of asking You for big things. Nothing is impossible for You. Help me grab hold of that and live like it. Teach me to trust You more and rely on myself less.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment