Friday, March 25, 2011

Satan's Background Check

Scripture:

Ezekiel 28:17 "Your heart was filled with pride because of all your beauty. Your wisdom was corrupted by your live of splendor. So I threw you to the ground and exposed you to the curious gaze of kings".

Observation:

The King of Tyre in Ezekiel 28 is really a background of Satan. It says of the King of The King of Tyre that he was in Eden, was beautiful and full of precious stones. It said that he could walk in the holy mountain of God. Satan was God's most prized creation, but he got prideful and said he would exalt his name above God, therefore "I threw you to the ground". Why? His heart was filled with pride because of all his beauty.

Application:

Satan was kicked out of heaven for one main reason, PRIDE! It is the same thing he uses today to destroy lives. God is in total opposition to pride and He gives grace to the humble. Pride destroys people from within. Satan uses it because he know all too well how much God hates pride. He will give you a little success to see if he can trap you in pride and arrogance. Pride says, "I can do this by myself. I don't need God." This is Satan's kind of pride and it always stems from him. Keep a teachable spirit and don't become proud. Remain humble and let God raise you up.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk with You deeper and I know you hate pride. Help me to humble myself before you. Rebuke me when I start into pride. Keep me on the straight and narrow. I want your correction and I want to become all you have planned for me. I love you and give you all of me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment