Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Obedience Gives Life

Scripture:

Ezekiel 20:13 "But the people of Israel rebelled against Me, ans they refused to obey my decrees there in the wilderness. They wouldn't obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life".

Observation:

Ezekiel is once again crying out about the sins of Israel. God was grieved with Israel because he had brought them out of Egypt and then they turned around and worshiped other gods. Though he had done much for them, they would not follow his decrees. God says, "They wouldn't obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life". Obedience brings life, disobedience brings death.

Application:

We are under grace and not law today, but God still is looking for a people who walk in obedience to him. Life comes from obedience! God is a good God who loves us and wants to bless us, but he only blesses obedience. Sometimes obedience seems wearisome because we like to do what we want to do. I have found that following Jesus and doing what he is asking, whether it feels good in the present or not, always brings his blessing, and I don't want to live outside his blessing.

Prayer:

Teach me Lord to walk in obedience to you and your word. Speak to me every day and help me have a heart to follow after what you put in it to do. I want to serve you well and I want to live the blessed life. I love you Lord.

Your Servant,
Jeff

1 comment: