Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Message for the Priests

Scripture:

Ezekiel 22:26 "Your priests have violated my instructions and defiled my holy things. They make no distinction between what is holy and what is not. And they do not teach my people the difference between what is ceremonially clean and unclean. They disregard my Sabbath days so that I am dishonored among them".

Observation:

God has been pronouncing judgment against His people for their rebellion toward Him. now He turns his attention to the priests who do not distinguish between the holy and the unholy. Teachers, priests, etc. have a strong influence which needs to be used in the right way. If the priests don't teach the whole council of God, the sheep live terrible lives.

Application:

As a pastor, I am responsible to preach all of God's word. I must let people know what is right and what is wrong. I will be held responsible for what I teach and preach the people God has entrusted to me. We must "rightly divide the word of truth" and teach God's people truth instead of what they want to hear. Sometimes it's easier to give people what they want to hear rather than give them what they don't like, but what is good for them.

Prayer:

Father, help me to listen close to Your voice and to preach and teach what You want me to instead of what is popular. I want to stand before Your one day and hear, "Well done good and faithful servant". I want to give the people you have entrusted to me exactly what they need and not only what makes them feel good.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment