Monday, March 14, 2011

Rise and Cry Out

Scripture:

Lamentations 2:19 "Rise during the night and cry out. Pour out your hearts like water to the Lord. Lift up your hands to Him in prayer, pleading for your children, for in every street they are faint with hunger".

Observation:

Jerusalem had been overthrown as the prophets had prophesied. They were utterly destroyed! Jeremiah is lamenting the destruction of Jerusalem. He tells the people to "Rise during the night and cry out". Jeremiah understood that God listens when His children cry out to Him. He knows the only way to get through this terrible time is to look up to the Lord and beg for his mercy.

Application:

Typically when we get down and discouraged, we don't want to spend time to God or cry out to Him. We generally pull away to Him when we are going through trouble. Instead of pulling away, that should be the time we cry out to Him day and night. We should run to Him and not away when things get bad. We must pour our hearts out to God in fervent prayer. We must learn to cry out from the depths of our souls to God. He will answer!

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to cry out to You in my distress. Help me to lean on You more and more. I want to grow in this area. I want to develop the practice of deeper intercession, crying out for my region and the world. The world truly is in devastation as the end times approach. Let me be one of the intercessors who stand in the gap and weep for my country and the people of the world.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment