Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Give the Message

Scripture:

Ezekiel 2:7 "You must give them my messages whether they listen or not. But they won't listen, for they are completely rebellious!"

Observation:

Ezekiel was given a very hard task. He was to deliver messages to a rebellious people who, ahead of time, he was told would not listen to him. He was basically told that he would never be popular and that those who heard him would hate him for his message because they were completely rebellious. God told Ezekiel, you must give them my message whether they listen or not.

Application:

When God wants to give a message, it should be given whether it feels good to us or not. Sometimes God will put us in difficult situations and ask us to speak the truth in love. In these cases, obedience is better than sacrifice. It is better to deliver the message the Lord told you to than to avoid the confrontation and be polite about it. God still gives hard messages to those who are hearing Him. What will we do with them? We need to have our ear to heaven and listen for the voice of God. We must be faithful to deliver His message and not our own.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know you more intimately. I love the way you spoke to Ezekiel. I would love to experience some of the things he experienced in You. I open myself up to You and ask You to speak to me more clearly than ever before. Speak, and I will deliver the message. I want to hear Your voice more clearly and accurately. Help me to be a messenger You can trust with Your messages.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment