Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Absolute Holiness

Scripture:

Ezekiel 43:12 "and this is the basic law of the Temple: Absolute holiness! The entire top of the mountain where the Temple is built is holy. Yes, this is the basic law of the Temple".

Observation:

The Lord had shown Ezekiel the reconstruction of the Temple and given his all the instructions and plans about how it was to be designed. He is shifting from talking about the Temple itself to talking about the Priests and their function in the Temple. He had one basic law: absolute holiness! God would settle with nothing but absolute holiness when entering His Temple. He expected his people to do what He told them to do and live how he told them to live.

Application:

We don't hear much about holiness these days in the body of Christ. Even the NT says that without holiness no man will see the Lord. Jesus paid the price for our sins and to give us access to the throne of God, yet there is some work to be done on our part. He wants us to come out from among the rest of this world and be holy. He expects His people to be different than others. He still wants absolute holiness, because absolute holiness shows absolute love. If I really love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, then I will want to live a life that pleases Him and bring Him honor.

Prayer:

Father, thanks for opening Your word to me this morning! You are amazing and I love you more every day. Help me to live a life that will bring your glory and that you will bless. Show me how to live in absolute holiness in this New Testament era. I want my life to be holy, not by my terms or someone else's terms, but by Your terms. Make my holy.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment