Friday, March 11, 2011

His Authority

Scripture:

I Peter 3:22 "Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept His authority".

Observation:

Peter tells us that Christ is in heaven next to God and that "all the angels and authorities and powers accept His authority". All of heaven understands His place of authority. Powers and principalities bow down before Him, yet we as His own special people, don't realize his authority and accept it in our lives.

Application:

If Jesus is truly in the place of authority in heaven, we need to let Him have authority in our lives. We need to humble ourselves before Him and allow Him to lead our lives instead of being self-led. Submission to authority means that we do things the way the authority wants them done. We must live our lives the way Christ would have us and not following after our own opinions. He must be priority one in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live a life truly submitted to Jesus Christ as the authority. I want Your kingdom to come and You will to be done in my life. Teach me Your ways and show me Your truth. You are awesome and I love you. You are authority personified! Help me to submit to Your authority.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment