Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Ultimate Goal

 Scripture:

“I want you to open their eyes, so they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people.””‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:18‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage Paul is defending himself before King Agrippa and Felix. In defending himself, he gives his story about how he once persecuted the Church, but had an encounter with Jesus that changed his life forever. In his story, he tells what Jesus told him to do. He was commissioned by Christ to open eyes so people could turn from darkness to light and so they could become God’s holy people. 

Application:

When calls a person, it usually entails opening people’s eyes so they can turn from darkness to light and from sin to forgiveness, so they can be God’s holy people. We are all called to bring people into God’s kingdom and to lead them to Christ. The goal of our lives should be the same as Paul’s, bringing people out of darkness and into God’s light. That should be our passion.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, teach me to follow You well. Help me to open the eyes of this generation so they can see the Good News of the Gospel. Empower me to be a witness for Christ everywhere I go. Help me to never be ashamed of the Good News.  I am yours! Teach me more and more.  Nudge me with Your Spirit into situations where I can spread Your Good News.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment