Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Faith and Courage

 Scripture:

“I've commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go.” ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to Joshua after the death of Moses. Joshua was about to take God’s people into the Promised Land, but he was going to need to be strong and brave. God told him never to be afraid or discouraged because the Lord would be with him wherever he went. He wasn’t promised the Lord’s help as he went and did what the Lord ordered him to do. 

Application:

Faith always involves being strong and courageous. Faith always requires guts. When you live by faith, you do things that don’t seem very rational to the thinkers around you. Faith knows God is with us and we will never fail because God will never fail. I want to be a person of faith who conquers enemy territories and extends the Kingdom.

Prayer:

Lord, God Almighty, You are incredible and I worship You today. May Your name be glorified in all the earth. Let Your kingdom come and Your will be done in my life. I surrender to Your plans and purposes for my life. Help me to never walk in fear, but to be led by Your Spirit and faith. I want to know, with utter confidence, that You are with me every day of my life. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment