Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Obedience

 Scripture:

“But I don't care what happens to me, as long as I finish the work the Lord Jesus gave me to do. And this work is to tell the good news about God's gift of undeserved grace.” ‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:24‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul was told he was going to be arrested and thrown in jail. Riots were starting everywhere he went, yet he was determined to do what God had called him to do. Most of us would take his hard time as a sign from God to stop doing what he was doing.  He saw it as a sign to keep going. He was consumed by finishing what God had given him to do.

Application:

Obedience to God is the foremost important thing in our lives. In the end, when we stand before the Lord, He will only ask us if we did what He wanted us to do. He won’t be impressed by anything but obedience and fulfilling His will on the earth. I want to live a life of obedience in every area. If obedience means imprisonment, so be it. If obedience means death, so be it. I want to finish well what God gives me to do and then go be with Him for eternity.

Prayer:

Father, my life is Yours. Do with it what You want. Show me daily what You want me to do and I will follow. Open the right doors and close the wrong doors. Show me every step You have prepared for me. Help me to never fear anything but You and to finish the work You have called me to.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment