Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Spirit and Flesh

 Scripture:

“Then the Lord's Spirit took control of Jephthah, and Jephthah went through Gilead and Manasseh, raising an army. Finally, he arrived at Mizpah in Gilead, where he promised the Lord, “If you will let me defeat the Ammonites and come home safely, I will sacrifice to you whoever comes out to meet me first.””Judges‬ ‭11:29-31‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

It says here that the Spirit of the Lord took control of Jephthah and caused him to raise up and army. This was led by the Spirit and was to bring about God’s will. The problem is that Jephthah got excited about what God was doing and made promises that would later devastate him. The Spirit is exciting when He comes upon you, but you have to watch out how excited you get.

Application:

It is awesome when the Spirit comes upon you. There is nothing like it. You feel powerful and alive and want to make huge commitments to Him. The problem is, in the moment, we can make promises that leave us broken. We desperately want the Spirit’s empowerment in our lives, but must be sensitive not to overcommit in the process. 

Prayer:

Lord, I love Your presence and Your power. I love the ecstasy of those moments in Your presence, but help me to keep my balance and not make promises I will later regret. Teach me to walk in Your power without doing things that will get me in trouble later.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment