Saturday, April 2, 2022

Knowing and Doing

 Scripture:

“You know these things, and God will bless you, if you do them.” ‭‭John‬ ‭13:17‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Jesus was telling His disciples about washing each other’s feet and servants not being greater than their masters, but He adds one sentence that is so powerful. He said that his disciples KNEW those things, but God would bless them if they DID them. The more we know, the more we are expected to obey.

Application:

I love learning and growing in the knowledge of the Lord, but knowing and doing are very different things. I don’t want to just know what to do, but I want to do what the Lord desires. I need to apply what He says and not just fill my head with knowledge. 

Prayer:

Lord, show me how to live a life of DOING and not just KNOWING. I want to extend Your kingdom in all the earth. I want to obey everything You give me to do. I want to serve You well in my generation. I want to be fully and completely Yours.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment