Thursday, April 28, 2022

Fighting Over God’s Word

 Scripture:

““Quiet!” the men said. “Keep your mouth shut and listen. Why don't you come with us and be our priest, so you can tell us what God wants us to do? You could stay here and be a priest for one man's family, but wouldn't you rather be the priest for a clan or even a whole tribe of Israel?”” ‭‭Judges‬ ‭18:19‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In the book of Judges, people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes. Periodically, a judge would arise and rescue Israel and put them back on the right path. This group found a priest and there was great competition in keeping the priest because they wanted to have someone who could hear from God. Lack of God’s presence causes people to look for Him again.

Application:

We are blessed to not need a priest to hear from God, but we have access ourselves at any time. We must take full advantage of that beautiful fact. We must desire more of God and His word than ever before. We have no excuses because we have Holy Spirit living inside of us. Therefore, we should be hearing from Him more and more. 

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, open my ears to hear what You are saying. Help me to walk in tune with you. Teach me Your ways and help me to walk in Your paths. I want Your will in my life because I trust You completely. Show me the way forward and I will go. Lead me beside still waters and restore my soul.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment