Wednesday, April 6, 2022

God’s Help

 Scripture:

“The Lord helped Joshua in everything he did, and Joshua was famous everywhere in Canaan.” ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭6:27‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

After the first battle in the Promised Land at Jericho, where the walls fell flat in front of God’s people, it says these words above. “The Lord helped Joshua in everything he did.” Joshua was a great leader, but he was simply doing what the Lord told him to do. He was famous, not because he was great, but because God was great and God helped him.

Application:

I don’t want to ever do ministry FOR God, rather, I want to do ministry WITH God. I want to have the Lord’s help in everything I do. If He doesn’t lead me, I don’t want to go. If He doesn’t help me, I’d rather not do it. I want to live like Joshua did, obeying the Lord in every step and fulfilling His will and purposes.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to follow You well. Help me to live in a way that honors You and that causes You to help me like You helped Joshua. Help me God to reach my region for Christ. Help me to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth. Help me as I board a plane today to Ghana. I need Your help and don’t want to do these things in my flesh or on my own.  I need You now more than ever.

Your Son,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment