Wednesday, February 3, 2021

On Eagle’s Wings

 Scripture:

“‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.”  ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭19:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here through Moses about how He had delivered the people of Israel out of the hands of the Egyptians.  We know about the plagues and the crossing of the Red Sea and how God stood between them and the Egyptians before the crossing.  God describes it as carrying them on eagle’s wings and bringing them to Himself.  Being carried on eagle’s wings meant that there was no work on their part, they just went where the Lord was taking them and He did all the work.

Application:

In the New Covenant, we have been given the Holy Spirit to guide us and lead us into all truth.  He is to carry us on eagle’s wings in our day.  Our job is to follow His voice and do what He says.  His part is to carry us and do all the work.  We don’t have to learn how to fly, we just need to mount up on the eagle called the Holy Spirit and enjoy the ride.  He does the work and we take the ride.  I need to learn to rest in God while He carries me to Himself.

Prayer:

Teach me to walk with You Hoy Spirit.  Teach me to know Your voice as clear as my own.  Help me to mount the eagle and ride to the Father.  Lead me where You want me to go and take me there on Your wings.  Help me to live yielded to You every day.  You are the wings that carry me every day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment