Friday, February 19, 2021

God Displays His Glory Through Those Who Pursue Him

 Scripture:

"Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord meant when he said, ‘I will display my holiness through those who come near me.  I will display my glory before all the people.’”

Observation:

Nadab and Abihu had just offered impure fire before the Lord.  They had not followed the ways of the Lord exactly how the Lord said to do it and the Lord punished them for it.  They thought their way would be just fine, but God was not happy.  The Lord chooses others to take their place and says this verse, "I will display my holiness through those who come near me.  I will display my glory before all the people."  In other words, God was saying He would show the world who He is through those who come near to Him.

Application:

As we draw near to God, He draws near to us.  As we seek after Him, He will display His holiness and glory in and through our lives.  He just needs people who are seeking Him in the way He wants to be sought.  He longs to demonstrate His glory through His people, but He needs vessels who will come to Him according to His ways and not our own.  We can't try to imitate what God wants to demonstrate.  We can pursue Him and let Him work through our lives in whatever ways He chooses though.

Prayer:

Father, I want to draw near to You and walk with You every day.  I want to reveal Your glory to the world.  Help me to hear Your voice and do as You want me to.  Keep me close to You and never let me lose my heart for the things of God.  Help me to always be a God seeker.  Reveal Your glory through me today in Pakistan.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment