Monday, February 15, 2021

Live Ready

 Scripture:

““Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.”  ‭‭Mark‬ ‭13:35-36‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was with His disciples and they asked Him about the end of all things.  He was describing what it would be like before His return, which seems very much like today.  He tells them that they, we, should keep watch because we don’t know the when He will return, but we should not be asleep when He comes. We should be watching and waiting for His appearance.  

Application:

There is no doubt in my mind we are very close to the return of the Lord.  Lately, when I walk and pray in the mornings, I find myself looking up more and more to the stars when I pray.  It is like there is something within me that is looking for His return.  We are to live our lives ready for His return.  When He comes, we don’t have time to repent, change, do better, etc.  We need to be ready to meet Him and stand before Him.  I need to press in closer to Him at this time and I want to do everything He asks me to do as I prepare for His return.

Prayer:

Father, let me be waiting and watching, building Your kingdom, when You come again.  Help me to live a life that gets things done for You and Your kingdom.  Teach me to live effectively and lead effectively until You come again.  I want my life to count for You and the extension of Your kingdom.  Help me to live ready for Your return and to have as many others ready for Your coming as possible.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment