Wednesday, February 17, 2021

A Soothing Aroma

Scripture:

8‘Then Aaron’s sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, the head and the suet over the wood which is on the fire that is on the altar. 9‘Its entrails, however, and its legs he shall wash with water. And the priest shall offer up in smoke all of it on the altar for a burnt offering, an offering by fire of a soothing aroma to the LORD. Leviticus 1:8-9

Observation:

As we enter the book of Leviticus, many people step away and avoid this book like the plague. Personally, I love Leviticus. It is very interesting to me. In this passage, and several following, we see that the burnt offerings came up to the Lord as a soothing aroma or a sweet aroma. A sacrificial offering caused a sweet aroma to the Lord.

Application:

We no longer offer sacrifices to the Lord like they did in Leviticus, but in the New Testament, we offer our lives to Him for His purposes. When we offer ourselves to Him, it is a pleasing, soothing, sweet aroma to the Lord. God has always loved sacrifice. God smells every sacrifice we make. He knows every time that a sacrifice is made. As we lay our lives down before the Lord, He takes notice and will bless everything we do.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be a sacrifice to You. Help me to live a selfless life that blesses You and Your kingdom. Help me to walk as a continual sacrifice to You. I want to live fully surrendered in every area of my life. Teach me Your ways and let my life be a soothing aroma to You. I want to bring You honor and praise with everything I do.

Yours Forever,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment