Thursday, February 4, 2021

Bless Your Enemies

 Scripture:

“If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help them with it.”  ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭23:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God was giving Israel instructions in the wilderness about when they come into the Promised Land.  He gave them practical laws that were to be put into effect immediately as they wandered in the wilderness.  Here He tells them to help people that hate you when something goes wrong for them.  When their donkey falls under the load, help them instead of laughing at them.  God has always been about loving those who hate you.

Application:

Jesus told us to love our enemies and bless those who persecute us.  He told us that it is easy to love those who are good to you, but God wants us to love those who are bad to us. Rather than gloating when things go wrong in the lives of those who are against us, we are to help them out.  We should be those who help out the people who are trying to destroy us.  In this we are living Christlike.  He loved us and died for us when we were His enemies.  

Prayer:

Father, this is a hard word, but it is Your word.  Help me to love my enemies and bless those who persecute me.  Help me to be a blessing to those who have hurt me in the past.  Give me opportunity to show kindness to those who have spoken evil about me.  Teach me to live a life that brings You honor.  Empower me to live like Jesus lived each day.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment