Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Follow the Cloud

 Scripture:

“In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted.”  ‭Exodus‬ ‭40:36-37‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

When Moses and the people of Israel finished all the preparations for the Tabernacle, the glory of the Lord came down on in as a sign that He was with them and that He approved of their labor in preparing everything He had told Moses to build.  The cloud stayed over the Tabernacle constantly while the people of Israel were in the wilderness.  When the cloud moved, they would pack up and begin to move.  This went on for 40 years.  They followed the visible cloud of the glory of the Lord.

Application:

In the New Testament, we don’t have a visible cloud to follow.  It would be so much easier.  Instead, we have the inner witness of the Holy Spirit to guide us and who us the way forward.  We must learn to hear His voice and follow Him intently.  We must learn to follow the Spirit like the children of Israel followed the cloud.  I need my ears attuned to heaven at all times and I need to see what the Father is doing.  I long for the manifested presence of the Lord.  It is always confirmation to me that I am dong what He wants me to do.  In between those times, I need to follow the voice of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis.

Prayer:

Father, I don’t want to be out of step with You.  I want to do Your will every day of my life.  Help me to walk in step with You and move when You re moving.  Help me know when to go and when to stay.  Help me know when to pray and believe and when to walk away.  Teach me Your ways and help me to follow You well.  I wouldn’t mind a visible cloud over me the rest of my life.  Then I would know exactly where You are leading me.  Teach me to follow Your voice well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment