Friday, January 31, 2020

When I See the Blood

Scripture:

“Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭12:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When God hardened Pharaoh’s heart throughout all the plagues, he would not let God’s people go out from his country.  The final plague was to be the death of the firstborn of each household.  God told Moses to have the people of Israel to put blood on the door posts and on the lintels of their dwelling places.  He said when the death angel comes to destroy, when they see the blood, they will pass over that house and not destroy the firstborn.

Application:

God’s people were protected from the plagues of Egypt.  In this last plague, He told them He would pass over them if He saw the blood.  As God’s children now, who have been adopted into His family, we have the blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son covering our lives.  We are protected from anything and everything that may come against us.  When the blood of Jesus is covering our lives, we are safe in the hands of a God who loves us.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for covering me with the blood of Your dear Son.  Thank You for protecting me from any and all things that come against me.  Thank You for allowing Your Son to be the payment for my sins and for giving me hope and a future.  You are the best!  May Your Kingdom come and Your will be done in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment