Saturday, January 25, 2020

My Life’s Pursuit and Passion

Scripture:

“Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Jesus was asked by the religious leaders which of the commands were the most important, His response was fantastic.  He replied that if you do two things, you will fulfill all the others.  Love God with everything you have and love your neighbor as yourself.  Today, the word “all” jumped off the page.

Application:

I don’t want to love God with some of my heart, soul and mind.  I want to love God with ALL my heart, ALL my soul, and ALL my mind.  We talk about being “All In” on things, which means I’m giving 100% toward that thing.  I don’t want to get to heaven and have the Lord say, “You loved Me with 75% of your heart, soul and mind.”

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to love You with ALL that I am.  Help me to truly seek Your kingdom first and Your will.  I don’t want to be a partial worshiper.  I don’t want to give part of my life to You.  I want to give it all.  Empower me to live that kind of life.  I know I sing, “I surrender all”, but help me to truly live it out every day.  ALL is my life’s pursuit and passion.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment