Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hearing Through Hurt

Scripture:

“So Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel; but they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God had spoken to Moses and told him that He was going to bring His people out of Egypt and into the land of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  He said He was going to deliver them, but they did not heed Moses because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage.  They couldn’t hear from God in the midst of their oppression.

Application:

Sometimes God is trying to speak into our hearts, but because things have gone wrong or God doesn’t appear to have come through for us, it is difficult to received the word of the Lord.  Sometimes we can’t hear the word of the Lord because of hurt or disappointment with God in our lives.  When our heart is crushed, it is difficult to hear that God is going to deliver us, but we must hear and trust the word of the Lord, even when it doesn’t seem to have worked in the past.

Prayer:

Father, let me not hear Your word through the lens of hurt or disappointment.  Help me to hear clearly what You are speaking to me.  Teach me to trust Your word, even when I don’t understand it and it hasn’t happened like I thought it would.  I want to walk by faith and not by sight in 2020.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment