Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Heart Monitor

Scripture:

“‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus always went to the heart of the matter.  He talked here about those who draw near to Him with their mouth, but whose heart is still far from Him.  Jesus wants our mouth to reflect our heart.  If we honor Him with our lips, our hearts should follow also be close to Him.

Application:

When you have issues with your heart and the doctor needs to know what is happening he will ask you to wear a heart monitor for a few days.  This allows them to check your heart and how it responds to different things.  We need to allow the Holy Spirit heart monitor to continually check us as we follow the Lord.  Our desire is for our lips to reflect our heart.  I want to be a person who practices what I preach and lives what I teach.

Prayer:

Father, help me to honor You with my lips and my life.  Let my life reflect Your goodness and let my heart be pure before You at all times.  Examine me and show me areas of my life that need changed.  Holy Spirit be my heart monitor and show me the things that don’t match the teachings of my lips.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment