Sunday, January 19, 2020

Be Careful with Your Words

Scripture:

“But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:37‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus said here that we need to let our yes be yes and our no be no.  He continued and said that anything more than this is from the evil one.  We don’t want to say anything that is from the evil one. Once we move past “yes” or “no” we are generally making excuses or shifting blame.

Application:

I don’t want to live shifting blame, pointing fingers, or making excuses.  I want my yes to be yes and my no to be no.  Everything else is dangerous ground.  I want my feet on the solid foundation of truth and not cover up.  It is very easy to shift things a little to soften an answer or to make an excuse, but truth is more important.

Prayer:

Father, help my yes to be yes and my no to be no.  Help me not to add to or take away from the truth. It is the truth that makes me free and I want to walk in that.  Empower me to live in the truth as You are in the truth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment