Sunday, January 26, 2020

Forsaken

Scripture:

“But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:56‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had called His disciples very personally and lived with them for 3-1/2 years.  They watched all of His miracles and learned of Him.  They knew the Master better than anyone on the planet, yet it says here that “all” the disciples forsook  Him and fled.  Jesus knows what it is like to have those you are giving your life for, walk away and forsake you.

Application:

It hurts when people you have walked and served Jesus with for a long time walk out on you.  There is great pain when you feel forsaken, but Jesus didn’t have one individual forsake Him, this passage says all His disciples forsook Him and fled.  I hate ever having people walk away.  How would I handle having everyone walk away?  I want to be strong and confident in my walk with the Lord so that I can handle whatever comes my way in serving the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, empower me to respond like You respond then things don’t go my way or when people walk away.  Teach me to walk through the difficult seasons with grace and humility.  I want to be more like You in every area.  Enable me to walk in confidence in my relationship with You, even when it seems like things are against me and not going the way I want them to.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment