Monday, January 27, 2020

Resurrection Power

Scripture:

“and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭27:52-53‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

These verses are seldom talked about concerning the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.  HIs resurrection has always been the central theme of the message of Christ, and it should be, but if I was alive during this time and I saw many resurrected saints coming into the holy city, I would be shaken to the core.  It doesn’t say how many, but these verses are so powerful and such a confirmation to the resurrection of Christ for the people of Jerusalem.  Jesus wasn’t the only one who resurrected that day!

Application:

If God can resurrect, not only Jesus, but many of the saints who came out of their graves, what is impossible for God?  He can do more than I can ask, think , or even imagine.  Eye hasn’t seen or ear heard or the mind even imagined the things the Lord has in store for His people.  It is time for me to believe God for what looks impossible and know that God can do exceedingly, abundantly, more than I can even imagine, and I have a strong imagination.

Prayer:

Lord, increase my faith.  Help me to walk closer to You this year than ever before.  Help me to walk in confidence that truly nothing is impossible for You.  I know that theologically and have always believed that, but I want it to sink strongly in my heart more and more this year.  I want to live a life of faith.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment