Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Unity is Powerful

Scripture:

“But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was accused of casting out devils by Beelzebub.  His reply was that a divided kingdom is brought to nothing and a city or house that is divided can’t stand.  He was teaching them that when there is division, there is no power.  When there is discord, there is no real authority.  On the opposite hand, where there is unity, there is power and authority.

Application:

A house divided won’t stand, but a house united has great authority.  When we are not in unity, we are not walking in the fullness of God’s power.  Unity requires humility, trust, preferring others above self, and submission to authority.  When we humble ourselves and seek he greater good, we will see God move in power.  I long to see a truly unified church.  It was the prayer of Jesus that His people may be one.  I want to see what happens when His church is really ONE.

Prayer:

Lord, as for me and my house, let there be unity.  Let my life be a unifying force in the Body of Christ.  I want to see Your kingdom united.  Help me not to bring division, but unity to Your people.  Let my life be an influence in bringing unity to Your Body.  I want to see a powerful church that is doing Your will in the earth and not attacking one another.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment