Thursday, January 16, 2020

Blessed By Association

Scripture:

"The land of Egypt is before you.  Have your brothers dwell in the best of the land; let them dwell in the land of Goshen.  And if you know any competent men among them, then make them chief herdsmen over my livestock."  Genesis 47:6 NKJV

Observation:

Joseph's family was moving into Egypt because of the famine.  God has prepared a place for them because of Joseph's life.  As they were entering, Pharaoh told Joseph to give them the best of the land of Goshen for their flocks and herds.  He also told Joseph to have one of his brothers become chief herdsman over his livestock.  One of Joseph's brothers was to take care of the king's livestock simply because of the blessing on Joseph's life.

Application:

When God's favor really comes on someone, even those around them will be blessed because of their obedience.  When we walk with God and serve Him well, even those around you get blessed by association.  I want to live in the blessing of God every day of my life.  I blessing follows obedience, therefore I want to live a life of obedience to the will of God.

Prayer:

Father, enable me to do Your will in my life.  Let those around me be blessed by the favor on my life.  Let my wife and children be blessed.  Let my church be blessed.  Let my neighbors be blessed.  Let your favor be so real on my life that those around me reap the rewards of my obedience.  Help me to walk in step with You and to accomplish all You ask me to in and with my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment